The Bobats Team
Hoosen joined the business nearly four decades ago in 1980. He loves interacting with people and is passionate about financial planning. He is also an avid fisherman, a former South African Tennis Champion and is greatly involved in youth sports development in the community. Hoosen’s expertise in investment asset allocation, tax legislation, retirement and estate planning and risk policies makes him a vital part of the Bobats team.
“Understanding what our clients want out of life is the first and most important step. Then, it’s a matter of assisting them to identify and implement investment and financial strategies that will help accomplish their life goals. We call this process the Bobats Wealth Blueprint. Our job is to ensure our clients have the right information to make informed decisions that will help them achieve financial peace of mind. Nothing makes us happier than seeing our clients growing and succeeding.”
Ebrahim has 9 years of financial services experience, including; 3 years as a Trainee Accountant with Deloitte in Durban, 2 years as an Investment Analyst at Old Mutual Equities in Cape Town and 4 years as Financial Advisor and Investment Professional at Bobats and Sterling Invest in Durban. Bobats draws on Ebrahim’s analytical, diligent and focused approach towards business and investing.
“There’s a considerable need to assist our clients diversify their wealth. We find many clients over-capitalise their businesses and their direct property holdings, leading to a highly-concentrated portfolio. In today’s globally connected world, our clients can access a wide variety of high-quality passive investment options. This is where Bobats comes in. We specialise in sourcing and thoroughly researching these investments, wherever they may be in the world, and give our clients a chance to invest and participate in the upside.”
Faheem joined Bobats and Sterling Invest in 2018 as an Investment Professional.
Faheem has 6 years of financial services experience spanning various roles in the fields of accounting, corporate finance, financial management, financial advisory and investment analysis. He holds a Bcom Honours degree and has completed all 3 levels of the CFA Programme.
Faheem and Ebrahim work closely together towards building, maintaining and growing the Bobats & Sterling investment offering.
Fathima joined Bobats in 2018 and acts as a Junior Financial Advisor.
She recently completed the FPI board exam and will receive her CFP designation early next year. She has 2 years of industry experience with another well-established financial advisory practice in Umhlanga.
Fathima is passionate about helping people obtain financial peace of mind and is dedicated to making your money work for you in achieving your financial and life goals.
Fathima’s innovative thinking, passion for financial planning and meticulous approach makes her an instrumental member of the Bobats team.
Senior Administrator & Client Liaison
Kimira Lee Reddy
IT & Database Manager
Office Manager, Business Development Manager
What Sets Us Apart
You can count on us
- Everything we do is in your long term best interests so we can continue earning your trust. We’ve been doing this for 85 years.
- We collaborate with you, your family, your advisors and accountants to bring order to your financial life.
- Our people are trustworthy, diligent, highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields to give you the best advice and service.
- We keep up to date with the latest developments in tax laws, financial and estate planning by attending conferences, seminars and presentations around the world.
Creating value for you
- With our in-depth tax knowledge, we structure your affairs in the most tax-efficient manner.
- Our scale, nearly R 1 billion in AUM, allows us to negotiate reduced fees with service providers on your behalf.
- Bobats has chosen to cap the number of clients it takes on to ensure the highest levels of service and attention to detail for its existing clients.
- You have the opportunity to be a part of an exclusive group that get to enjoy our advice and service The Bobats Way.
The Bobats Way
Everything we do is in your long term best interests so we can continue earning your trust.
- Our people and partners are diligent, humble, collaborative, honest and professional
- The recommendations and advice we give is fair, prudent and relevant to the client’s objectives
- Our service is friendly, methodical, timeous and thorough, you can count on us
- We ensure our reporting is concise, relevant, accurate and complete
Our Guiding Principles
- Invest For The Long Term
- Avoid Capital Loss
- Balance and diversify just enough
- Maintain flexibility, liquidity and agility
- Minimize Costs
- Consider Tax Efficiency
- Don’t underestimate the power of compounding returns
Everyone here at Bobats knows that doing what is right for you is also best for Bobats in the long term.
Bobats Advice Process
Our advice process is continually refined to incorporate
contemporary financial planning practices.
Most financial plans begin and end with the products. Your plan needs to begin and end... with you.
Having asked the right questions about your life, we will research and create the financial choices that you can choose to best suit you.
With a clear understanding of who you are, and what you want, we can help you make powerful and informed choices. This is your Bobats Wealth Blueprint®.
Review And Enhance
Your life will keep changing, and you should be able to change your choices too. We can review your plan and enhance it when needed by exploring, creating and choosing.
We are professional financial planners.
How can we help you today?
Bobats Investment Process
Various factors are considered by our advisors when recommending investments, including:
- Your holistic financial position and circumstances
- Your ability and willingness to tolerate risk
- Your relevant investment time horizon and liquidity needs
- Diversification across asset classes, investment styles and geographies
- The use of investment structures (retirement annuities, endowments etc) to maximise after-tax returns
- The use of investment platforms to maximise efficiency and reduce costs
- The appropriate investment vehicle (unit trusts, ETF’s, shares, fixed deposits etc)
Sterling Invest, our in-house investment manager run by our two qualified Investment Professionals, Ebrahim Moola & Faheem Paruk, identifies the best underlying investment opportunities for Bobats by means of detailed research and analysis.
Sterling Invest prides itself on giving you unsurpassed investment choice across the risk spectrum that we believe will meet your objectives and maximise returns.
How Sterling Invest selects unit trusts:
Long term track record (Quantitative)
Only Investment Managers that have a proven ability to earn superior risk-adjusted returns over the long term (5 Years+) are selected. Fees relative to performance and how the funds have performed across the market cycle are also important considerations.
Investment Manager Attributes (Qualitative)
Investment Managers are evaluated operationally on various factors including, their investment team (industry credentials and turnover), incentives (portfolio manager co-investment and performance fee structures) and corporate governance (decision-making processes).
Preferred investment approach
Specialist Funds where the investment manager is focused on investing in a specific asset class are preferred over generalist funds. Portfolio managers working exclusively within their primary area of competence generally produce superior results.
Sterling Invest Fund Favourites list
The result of the selection process culminates in the Sterling Invest Fund Favourites list. The lists contain the asset managers and funds selected for all possible investment mandates that clients may require, across asset classes, geographies, investment types and risk profiles.
The Fund Favourites are used to construct Model Unit Trust Portfolios that are managed by Sterling Invest.
How our clients feel
*Client names are fictitious to protect their real identity